Find products with the ACMI Seals
Get ready for back-to-school shopping and classroom supply lists. Search products by brand or medium to see if your favorite classroom materials are certified with the AP or CL Seals — or to find better alternatives
Only art materials with the AP or CL Seal will appear in a search. If you don’t see a product, it may not be certified by ACMI. Luckily, this tool was built to find safer alternatives. Materials list is updated daily.
#: Certified, but does not bear an ACMI seal
Download full certified products list
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Learn more about The Art and Creative Materials Institute, Inc. (ACMI) and the seals
Approved Product (AP) Seal
Check for the AP Seal on creative products for kids in sixth grade or younger.
- Non-toxic when used as intended
- For young children and adults who are physically or mentally handicapped or don’t understand safety labeling on product packages
- Contains no materials in sufficient quantities to be toxic or injurious to humans, including children
- Don’t cause acute or chronic health problems
The AP Seal identifies art materials that are safe and certified in a toxicological evaluation by a medical expert to contain no materials in sufficient quantities to be toxic or injurious to humans, including children, or to cause acute or chronic health problems.
Cautionary Labeling (CL) Seal
Check for the CL Seal on creative products for kids in seventh grade or older. Never give children in sixth grade or younger a product with the CL Seal.
- For adults and kids older than sixth grade
- Not hazardous if used correctly
- Must read the product label in full before opening
- Labeled according to the chronic hazard labeling standard, ASTM D 4236, and the U.S. Labeling of Hazardous Art Materials Act (LHAMA)
- Appears on only a small percentage of adult art materials, and on no children’s materials
The CL Seal identifies products that are certified to be properly labeled in a program of toxicological evaluation by a medical expert for any known health risks and with information on the safe and proper use of these materials.